SCHEDULING NOTICE – COVID-19 Coronavirus:
From the CA state site (https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-hair-salons.pdf):
If you need to restock your skin care products during this time I’ll be happy to mail a shipment to you! I have set up an online store where you can securely shop for products and they will be shipped directly to your home – https://skin-by-tara.square.site/. E-Gift cards are also available online and do not expire, so if you wish to help support the studio during the break you may purchase a gift card that you can use at any time in the future.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or need assistance rescheduling. Thank you for your understanding and continued patronage! I sincerely hope that you and your families stay safe during this stressful time.
With much gratitude,
Availability is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, Tuesday through Saturday.
Online scheduling is preferred! As a solo practitioner without reception staff, online appointment scheduling simplifies things for me and my clients. It takes the back and forth out of scheduling, and you don’t have to wait for a call back.
Voicemails and Emails are returned during business hours/days (Tuesday through Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm). Please allow up to 3 business days to return a call. Have a question prior to scheduling? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a faster response.
To ensure a great experience for each of my clients I ask that the following studio etiquette and policies be observed.
Placing a credit card on file is required in order to hold an appointment. Your appointments are very important to Skin by Tara and are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, I respectfully request the following policies to be followed. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and other clients miss the opportunity to receive services. The appointment system will send out an email to your provided email address and a text reminder to your provided phone number (if you agreed to SMS communications) to give you ample time to change your appointment. Email and text reminders are simply a courtesy and not a fail-safe, and in the event that you do not receive them, it is still your responsibility to track and remember your appointments.
Skin Care & Waxing Services:
1. Notification given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will receive no charges.
2. Notification given less than 24 hours prior to appointment time, or failure to arrive to your appointment without notice, will result in a 100% charge of the service scheduled.
3. Clients who habitually miss or reschedule appointments without proper notice may be required to prepay for future services in order to schedule an appointment. Prepaid services are not refundable in the event that the appointment is missed or 24hrs notice is not given.
Permanent Cosmetics Services:
Please understand that Permanent Makeup procedures are large blocks of scheduled time, and additional notice is respectfully requested.
1. Notification given less than 48 hours prior to appointment time will result in a loss of your appointment “booking fee” for New Procedure appointments. The booking fee will not be credited towards your rescheduled service, and another booking fee will be required to hold your new appointment time.
2. Failure to show up for your appointment with no notification will result in the loss of your appointment booking fee, plus require 50% of the procedure price to be Prepaid in order to schedule a future appointment.
3. ‘First Touch-Up’ appointments – Notification given less than 48hrs prior to appointment time, or failure to arrive to your appointment without notice, will result in a $50.00 charge to be paid in order to schedule a future appointment.
Thank you for your understanding.
Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for my clients, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. No service is performed without a detailed consultation and paperwork.
Please advise Skin by Tara of any special health conditions on scheduling your appointment (there is a box for Notes on the scheduling screen) as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I may advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
Please advise Skin by Tara of any NEW special health conditions on scheduling your appointment (there is a box for Notes on the scheduling screen) as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I may advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for my clients, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. No service is performed without a detailed consultation.
For services where treatment time cannot reasonably be shortened (Permanent Makeup services or Waxing), if you arrive late and it will impact an appointment following yours, you will be required to reschedule your appointment and the applicable Cancellation charges will apply.
- Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chicken Pox, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye), Cold Sores, Rubella, Head Lice, Impetigo, Influenza, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp; Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Sore Throat, Thrush, Whooping cough and the common cold.
- If you’re getting a Facial or Acne treatment and you have Pink Eye or a Cold Sore or Fever Blister on your face – reschedule!
- If you’re getting a Bikini or Brazilian wax and you have an outbreak of Herpes Simplex in that area – reschedule!
- If you’re not sure – call (805)372-1930 or email me at email@example.com
- Products: All products are sold as brand new and for personal use only. I cannot provide refunds on any products sold to due to personal hygiene and health and safety reasons. If there is a fault with the product I can send it back to the manufacturer for review.
- Services: Service charges for treatments such as Skin Care, Waxing, or Permanent Makeup are non-refundable. If you have had a treatment that you are unsatisfied with please contact me immediately. I cannot give refunds on any treatments but I will look into your concerns immediately.
- Pre-paid service packages: I am unable to issue returns or reimburse any payment transactions on any series of treatments that were pre-purchased. I will exchange them for you for other available types of treatment series of equal value or studio credit of equal value to be used for other types of services.
- Gift cards or Gift Certificates are non-refundable and not replaced if lost or stolen. Gift cards and certificates are transferable to another party.
Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by Tara Adams/Skin by Tara should be construed as a claim or representation that the services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
Tara Adams/Skin by Tara does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using the website or services and before any use of the services are undertaken you should ensure that you have sought qualified medical advice. You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or visit with Tara Adams/Skin by Tara and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment. You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Skin by Tara.
If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken. At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Skin by Tara will she make any medical diagnosis upon you. Tara Adams/Skin by Tara will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Skin by Tara.
The Esthetician, Permanent Cosmetics/Makeup Artist, Tara Adams or Skin by Tara may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time. The Esthetician, Permanent Cosmetics/Makeup Artist and Skin by Tara assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
Skin by Tara has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. Tara Adams/Skin by Tara has the right to alter or change your scheduled treatment or service without notice. By CALLING, TEXTING, or scheduling your appointment ONLINE, you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the policies.