PCA SKIN Corrective Chemical Peels are special treatment tools that leave your skin rejuvenated and youthful. Corrective peels improve the appearance of fine lines, uneven skin tone and discoloration. They can also be particularly effective in treating acne and acne scars. PCA SKIN Corrective Chemical Peels vary in strengths and blends allow me to select the peel that is appropriate for your skin type and condition. Most peels can be performed in less than thirty minutes with no downtime or adverse side effects. PCA SKIN Corrective Chemical Peels offer a variety of beneficial ingredients to help strengthen, brighten and improve the surface texture of the skin, while leaving it plumped and hydrated.
These advanced corrective chemical peels treat dehydrated skin, remove hyperpigmentation, while diminishing blemishes, fine lines, scarring and other signs of aging. After a deep cleanse and tone, this PCA Skin treatment replete with plumping phytohormones, lactic, azelic and kojic acids applied to the skin. The peel delivers refreshed, hydrated and perfected skin without discomfort or downtime. A soothing mask is applied after your peel, followed by a personal post-care product kit which you can take home to maintain and enhance your results until your next treatment.
PCA SKIN peels and treatments include customizable blend and application of peels, serums, creams, full spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to protect and improve your complexion.
PCA SKIN treatments are beneficial for troublesome skin conditions such as:
- Sun damage
- Hyperpigmentation (post-inflammatory, hormonal, all ethnicities)
- Oily skin
- Asphyxiated and sluggish skin
- Eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Pseudofolliculitis (ingrown hairs)
- Impaired barrier function
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dramatic wrinkling
- Uneven tone and texture
- Sensitive skin
- Dehydrated skin
Clients must be on prescribed home care products for at least two weeks prior to advanced chemical peel treatments. Initial treatments, and clients who are not using prescribed home care products will be treated with the milder Sensi Peel.
Enhanced Jessner Peel
- PCA Peel – Hydroquinone Free Exfoliating Treatment – This peel is ideal for more sensitive skin types, ethnic skin and/or those allergic to hydroquinone. This treatment will help unclog pores, clear acne and rejuvenate the skin.
- Ultra Peel I Exfoliating Treatment – Specifically formulated to treat dehydrated, maturing skin. Ultra Peel I is also appropriate for many skin types, conditions and sensitivities.
- Sensi Peel Exfoliating Treatment – This gentle solution is formulated primarily for ethnic skin, and other extremely sensitive skin types. Sensi Peel will strengthen and brighten the skin while helping to treat sun damage and other forms of hypopigmentation (skin discoloration). This is also an excellent “starter peel” for clients new to chemical peels.
Oxygengating and Detox
- OxyTrio Treatment – Antioxidant therapy corrects and prevents free radical damage, as oxidative and environmental stress of skin is one of the most significant contributors to the aging process. This treatment helps stimulate oxygenation and circulation within the skin, rejuvenating sluggish, stressed skin as it draws oxygen to the skin’s surface, resulting in a radiant, healthy look.
- Detox Gel Pore Treatment – An excellent choice for detoxifying all skin types. The active blend of lactic, glycolic and salicylic acids effectively penetrates pores to dissolve impactions and blackheads, kill bacteria, reduce inflammation and remove excess cell debris to leave the skin hydrated, purified and clear. This gentle, deep pore cleansing treatment provides strong antibacterial and antioxidant action.
Other Peels and Treatment Boosters
- Esthetique Peel – An excellent treatment that can be used alone or in combination with any other PCA SKIN treatment for smoothing, firming and brightening of all skin types, even extra sensitive skin, including rosacea and acne. Its advanced formulation of lactic acid and retinol, along with a host of polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins, humectants and brightening ingredients, improves the texture of skin, and also helps correct many types of skin discoloration.
- Ultra Peel II – An advanced hydrating treatment encourages additional post-treatment exfoliation. It may be used alone or at the end of any other PCA SKIN Corrective Peel treatments to improve tone and texture. This retinoid booster contains the phytohormone genistein, which stimulates collagen and inhibits MMP while hydrating and moisturizing aging skin. The retinol (vitamin A) content helps increase cell turnover to keep skin looking fresh, while L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) strengthens the skin by helping to increase the skin’s collagen and elastin network.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow the outline below to prepare for your appointment.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- Use of PCA SKIN daily care products prior to your treatment program will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications.
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant, only an Oxy Trio or Hydrate Therapeutic Mask is appropriate. Consult with your Physician before receiving any treatment.
- Do not go to a tanning bed two weeks prior to treatment. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of Tretinoin, Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Avage, EpiDuo, Ziana and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately seven days prior to treatment. Consult your Physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
- Do not have another treatment, unless recommended
- Do not wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams for 7 days prior
- Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation.
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas
- Do not go swimming
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation
- Do not direct hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area
- After receiving a PCA SKIN professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to 12 hours post-procedure.
- As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup maybe applied 15 minutes after the treatment if desired.
- To minimize side effects and maximize results use the Post- Procedure Kit for three to five days or until flaking has resolved.
- If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal to oily skin types or Silkcoat Balm for drier skin types to moisturize as needed. For maximum hydration, you can apply Hydrating Serum under ReBalance or Silkcoat Balm.
Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day, but can be applied more frequently for hydration and to decrease the appearance of flaking.
It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxy acid products not be applied to the skin seven days post-procedure, as this may cause irritation
- It is recommended to delay use of tretinoin, Retin-A, Differin, Renova, Tazorac, Avage, EpiDuo or Ziana five days post-procedure. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use the recommended sunscreen for broad spectrum UV protection.
- Do not go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks post-procedure. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- Do not pick or pull any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately seven days
- Do not have another treatment until your esthetician advises you to do so.
Contraindications for chemical peels include:
- Current or recent use of accutane
- Eczema, dermatitis, malignant skin tumors, open lesions, lupus, active herpes infection, sunburn and keratoses.
- Avoid tanning for 2 weeks
- Waxing/threading for 7 days.
- Cosmetic injections for 2 weeks before and after treatments.
- Refrain from using Retin-A, Renova, Differen, aspirin, salicylic and glycolic acid 7 days before and after treatment for best results.