If you have been experiencing a fever, cough, or sore throat, or feeling unwell in general please reschedule your appointment for when you are no longer symptomatic. If you have been to a COVID-19 impacted area, gathering with those outside of your household, or have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, I ask that you please reschedule your appointment for 14 days past the date of contact. If you have recently been tested before your appointment, I ask that you reschedule until you receive a negative test result.
Please wear your mask when you arrive to the studio. Your temperature will be taken and you will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entering. Please do not bring additional people to your appointment unless escorting a minor child for their appointment.
Cancellation/Rescheduling policies are strictly enforced. By booking an appointment with Skin by Tara, either online or verbally, you are agreeing to the policy below. The policy is outlined on the scheduling page, the policies page, on the online booking system when you schedule an appointment, and all email appointment reminders.
Placing a credit card on file is required in order to hold an appointment. Your appointments are very important to Skin by Tara and are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, I respectfully request the following policies to be followed. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and other clients miss the opportunity to receive services. The appointment system will send out an email to your provided email address and a text reminder to your provided phone number to give you ample time to change your appointment. Email and text reminders are simply a courtesy and not a fail-safe, and in the event that you do not receive them, please understand that it is still your responsibility to track and remember your appointments. Thank you for your understanding!
Skin Care & Waxing Services:
- Notification given at least 24 hours prior to your appointment will receive no charges.
- Notification given less than 24 hours prior to appointment time, or failure to arrive to your appointment without notice, will result in a 100% charge of the service scheduled. If appointment is part of a pre-paid series or package, that appointment in the series/package will be considered completed or redeemed.
- Late arrival may result in a shortened treatment time to ensure that the next guest is not delayed. Please appreciate that I cannot adjust pricing for reduced service time due to late arrival. After 15 minutes your appointment will be cancelled, and rescheduled with applicable charges.
- Clients who habitually miss or reschedule appointments without proper notice may be required to prepay for future services in order to schedule an appointment. Prepaid services are not refundable in the event that the appointment is missed or 24hrs notice is not given.
- Illness: Please contact me immediately to reschedule if you are feeling unwell with a cold, flu, or any other contagious illness.
Permanent Cosmetics Services:
Please understand that Permanent Cosmetics procedures are large blocks of scheduled time and 48hrs notice is respectfully requested. Paying a deposit/booking fee is required in order to hold an appointment
- Notification given less than 48 hours prior to appointment time will result in a loss of your booking fee for both New Procedure and Touch-up/Color Boost appointments. The booking fee will not be applied towards your next rescheduled service, and another booking fee will be required to hold your new appointment time.
- If you arrive to your appointment and have any of the contraindications outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions and outlined in your appointment emails and we’re unable to proceed with the appointment, it will result in a loss of your booking fee and the appointment will have to be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Failure to show up for your appointment with no notification will result in the loss of your appointment booking fee, plus require 50% of the procedure price to be pre-paid in order to schedule a future appointment.
- ‘First Touch-Up’ appointments – Notification given less than 48hrs prior to appointment time, or failure to arrive to your appointment without notice, will result in a $50.00 charge to be paid in order to schedule a future appointment.
- Consultation appointments – Failure to arrive to your appointment or 24hr notice not provided to cancel or reschedule will result in your consultation fee being held.
- Late arrival may result in having to reschedule your appointment to ensure that the next guest is not delayed. After 15 minutes your appointment will be cancelled, and rescheduled with applicable charges.
- Illness: Please contact me immediately to reschedule if you are feeling unwell with a cold, flu, or any other contagious illness.
Treatments start promptly at the time scheduled. Not arriving on time will take time off of your service and, as a courtesy to the next guest, your treatment will end on time regardless of when the service began.
Please appreciate that I cannot adjust pricing for reduced service time due to late arrival. After 15 minutes your appointment will be cancelled, and rescheduled with applicable charges.
For services where treatment time cannot reasonably be shortened (Permanent Makeup services or Waxing), if you arrive late and it will impact an appointment following yours, you will be required to reschedule your appointment and the applicable charges will apply.
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. If the door to the studio is locked when you arrive, kindly wait as I may be with another client.
New guests are asked to complete a confidential questionnaire designed with your well being in mind. Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for my clients, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. No service is performed without a detailed consultation and paperwork.
Please advise Skin by Tara of any special health conditions when scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I may advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Depending on the type of service being received and the time passed since your last visit, you may be asked to update your information.
Please advise Skin by Tara of any NEW health conditions when scheduling your appointment as this may effect your selected treatment(s). Should you experience high/low blood pressure, heart conditions, pregnancy, hypertension, cancer, allergies, skin rash, or any health conditions, I may advise you to consult your doctor before your treatment and present me with a doctor’s note of approval. I have the right to refuse service due to contraindicated health conditions.
Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for my clients, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customizing treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience. No service is performed without a detailed consultation.
Skin by Tara recognizes that both the Esthetician and clients are vulnerable to illnesses and infections and therefore ask clients to cancel/reschedule appointments when they are feeling unwell. This includes, “I’m almost over something, I’m at the tail end of it, I’m starting to feel better… “. If you have any of the following contagious illnesses your treatments will be rescheduled:
- Diarrhea, Common Cold, Flu (Influenza), Vomiting, Fever, Sore Throat, Chicken Pox, Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye), Cold Sores/Fever Blisters/Herpes outbreak in the area we are treating, Head or Body Lice, Poison Ivy rash, Measles, Mumps, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, Rubella, Impetigo, Meningococcal Disease, Polio, Ringworm of the body, feet or scalp; Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Scabies, Thrush, Whooping cough, COVID-19 or any of its symptoms.
- If you’re getting a Facial or Acne treatment and you have Pink Eye or a Cold Sore or Fever Blister on your face – reschedule!
- If you’re getting a Bikini or Brazilian wax and you have an outbreak of Herpes Simplex in that area – reschedule!
- If you’re not sure – call (805)372-1930 or email me at email@example.com
Your time of pampering is reserved exclusively for you. To ensure you are able to completely relax and enjoy your full treatment, and so I may give you my undivided attention, please do not bring friends, children or family to your appointment.
We love little ones as much as anyone, however – due to the potentially hazardous chemicals, tools and equipment in the studio, please make other arrangements for your children during your appointment times. Only the client receiving the service is allowed in the treatment room. The only exception is teenagers/minors receiving services (the parent is allowed to stay in the room). If you arrive with children Skin by Tara reserves the right to cancel your appointment and charge you for the appointment – NO Exceptions! We have no staff to supervise children and Skin by Tara will not be held accountable for injury or accidents to, or caused by, unsupervised children. Your time of pampering is reserved exclusively for you.
Clients under 18 years old must present written permission from their parents or guardian prior to their first waxing or skin clinic service. Clients under 16 years old must have a parent or guardian present at all times. I reserve the right to decline certain services (such as bikini waxing) to minors.
Permanent Makeup/Tattooing services are only provided to adults age 18 and over. Identification for this service is required per CA state law.
Please turn your cell phones off or set on silent during your time at the studio in consideration of others and enjoy your “me time”. It is not permitted to use your phone during any service.
Cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards are accepted. Prices are subject to applicable sales tax. Prices are subject to change without notice. Treatment times are approximate. Gratuities are not included in the service price.
Gratuities are very much welcome and appreciated, but are entirely at your discretion and are not included in the price of services, packages, or gift cards and range from 20% to 30% in the Spa Industry. If you purchase a pre-paid Package of Services (Facials, Waxing or Peels) a tip is appreciated after each service session for the time serviced.
Gift cards are non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash but can be transferred to another person. Gift cards are not replaced if lost or stolen. Gift cards must be presented at the time of the appointment. Dollar amount gift cards and online vouchers do not include any applicable taxes and gratuity.
Specials, Promotions or other Discount offers may not be combined.
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using this website or agreeing to use the services at Skin by Tara. All opinions and claims on this website are that of Tara Adams/Skin by Tara and based on her own research and personal knowledge.
Any opinions and claims made should not be construed as medical advice. No information provided by Tara Adams/Skin by Tara should be construed as a claim or representation that the services are intended for any use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any conditions of a medical nature.
Tara Adams/Skin by Tara does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any information or the consequence arising from using the website or services and before any use of the services are undertaken you should ensure that you have sought qualified medical advice. You are fully responsible for your own health throughout any treatment and/or visit with Tara Adams/Skin by Tara and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to undergo any treatment. You are hereby advised to seek advice from your doctor before undergoing any treatment with Skin by Tara.
If you think you are suffering from a medical condition see your doctor. Do not self diagnose. It is important that you do this before any treatments are undertaken. At no time before or during the provision of any treatments by Skin by Tara will she make any medical diagnosis upon you. Tara Adams/Skin by Tara will not be held responsible for any injury, loss and or damage to any person or property as a result of any treatment, negligence or otherwise. No claims or endorsements are made for any treatments that are available by Skin by Tara.
The Esthetician, Permanent Cosmetics/Makeup Artist, Tara Adams or Skin by Tara may reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for inappropriate behavior, illness listed as contraindications for services or as deemed necessary. The client also has the right to stop the treatments at any time. The Esthetician, Permanent Cosmetics/Makeup Artist and Skin by Tara assumes no responsibility for any disclosed or undisclosed illness or personal injury.
Skin by Tara has the right to cancel or reschedule a treatment without notice. Tara Adams/Skin by Tara has the right to alter or change your scheduled treatment or service without notice. By CALLING, TEXTING, or scheduling your appointment ONLINE, you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions stated in the policies.
Suitability, effectiveness of certain treatment and aesthetic results will vary from client to client. All photos of before and after are actual clients of Skin by Tara unless stated otherwise. We do not give indication, promises or guarantees to all our readers or website and social media visitors that they could reasonably expect for themselves identical or equivalent or similar results to those portrayed in the “Before and After” photographs.